Subject: Re: 28/2.8 Elmarit-M
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 08:14:44 -0700 (MST)

>> Recently I posted an offer to trade my 28/2.8 for something(s) for which I'd
>> have more use. I didn't see it (the post) come across my screen, so I assume
>> that it was lost in space. Again, I've a brand new 28/2.8 Elamrit-M which
>> I'm getting less out of than I expected.
>
>Maybe telling us is against your current interest but I am
>curious: what did you dislike on the 28mm?
>
>Just the focal length? Or something else? Optical performance?

No, in fact, that particular transaction is done.

I really like the 28, problem is I have a new son (problem?) and he's not
very tall. The 28 sort of magnified this characteristic. I was looking for
something at the opposite end of the scale, a 75 or 90. I traded into the
latter. I've shot some chrome with the 28 in a field of silage (corn left to
dry on the stalk) and it was really impressive. The color is exquisite and
the sharpness is unequaled. I'll buy another no doubt.