Subject: Re: Leitz M6 vs. Leica M6
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 20:11:09 -0700 (MST)

>Just a thought, but maybe the manual that came with your camera was an older
>one.

Dan, persist, persist, persist... I looked at my manual and found what we're
looking for. On page 42 is listed Technical Data, the stuff I quoted you
.125cd/M sqd., etc. But, on page 21 the data's different. It says that the
meter's sensitivity begins at .063cd/M sqd. and that the working range is
from EV -1 to EV 20. That's a full stop. That is 1/16 candlepower vs 1/8
candlepower. It seems that the folks at Leica got lazy and didn't rewrite
the tech data in the back of the manual. Sorry, but you're back to sleepless
nights - try warm milk or counting sheep. I have a 1 month old son who likes
to sit on the clothes dryer while it's running - puts him right out. Then
again, he doesn't have a Leica, yet.

ben