Subject: Re: leaf shutters
From: Reg Ronaldson <reg.ronaldson@zetnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 12:45:28 GMT

In message <199611200257.VAA21866@worldy.worldy.com>
        dlevy@worldy.com writes:

> Not sure that I agree, if I understand what is being said. I have used both
> Voigtlander and Ziess Ikon cameras of different types over the past several
> years (decades) in general concept, Zeiss tended to place the shutter
> between the lens behind the aperature (iris). Voigtlander, place the shutter
> aft of the lens.

> snipped

I don't know how relevant it is but I used to own a Voigtlander
Prominent which certainly had the leaf shutter mounted behind the
lens as the lens was fully interchangeable. The rear pupil of the
lens was very, very small and the shutter blades were very close to
the rear pupil when lens was mounted.

- --
Reg Ronaldson           Norwich,Norfolk,England