Subject: Re: unwanted digest
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:46:05 -0700 (MST)

I've sent an email to Mr Wouk explaining what not to do when replying to
DIGEST posts. Not everyone is as brilliant as those who were offended by his
innocent error. I'm sure he meant no harm - no need to shoot him in the knee
just yet, eh?

It would serve everyone well to take a minute to help people become better
users rather than blast them for such a small inconvenience. I wish someone
had helped me recently when I had trouble unsubscribing. Instead I was
labeled anethma and a scalding message was sent to my ISP (which did
nothing, BTW). I've returned a kinder, gentler LUG user. Have some heart and
lend the guy a hand, not a foot.

Isn't that the supposed spirit of users groups?

ben