Subject: Re: Leitz M6 vs. Leica M6
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 20:46:29 -0700 (MST)

>At 06:13 AM 18/11/96 -0700, Roger wrote:
>
>>Yes, they do on late production M6s. Don't know when this began. Don't know
>>whether it coincided with the beginning of Solms production or not. STM that
>>I saw a reference to it in Rogliatti. Will have a look later tonight if no
>>one chimes in before that.
>>
>>Handy, in that you know right away that the lens cap is on.
>
>I was once doing some portrait shots of a model... when I noticed that the
lens cap was on.  Very
>embarrassing .  She was not to impressed!
>
>Dan C.

I've a friend who, years ago, was able to work his way up to the podium
where then NYC Titan Nelson D. Rockerfeller was speaking. He was burning up
film with his M3 when, in mid sentence, Mr. Rockerfeller looked at him and
with all the power of the PA system told him, "Son, your lens cap is on."

I love that story.

ben