Subject: Re: M6 TTL flash metering
From: "Craig W. Shier" <shier@mail1.mnsinc.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 20:51:43 -0500

At 08:39 AM 11/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>From Carl Muhlstein in Los Angeles 818-980-8877
>I am somewhat new to Leica M6 photography and tryed a Nikon SB25 flash in the
>non-TTL mode with less than spectacular results. -snip-

I've used an SB25 on my M6 in the A mode (which I believe is self metering).
It gives approximately correct exposures but angle of coverage seems narrow.
i.e. when set to 35 with a 35mm lens the flash does not seem wide enough.
Don't know why this would be the case.  Unless the height above the lens is
a bit less than on an SLR.  I don't think I did something dumb like setting
the flash on a larger aperture than I had the camera set at.

I've momentarily given up on using flash.  That's not really why I have the
M6 anyway.  What amuses me is when I forget to advance the film, press the
shutter release and the flash fires even though the shutter is locked.