Subject: M4-2
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 96 14:11:23 PST

     Hi,

       I have been thinking of adding a M4-2 to my M collection and came up
     with a question.  As far as I know, M4-2 is basically the same as M4
     except that the former was made in Canada without a self timer.  My
     question comes here, why is M4-2 not as much appreciated as M4?  Is it
     because it is Canadian made with less attention to quality.  Your
     opinions are appreciated.

       When it comes to R Leica, some dealers said that R4 and R3 are so
     problematic while R4S, R4S-P and later models are ok.  They also said
     R4's made in Germany with higher serial number are much better.

       I just wonder if it is really true that German made cameras even of
     the same model are better in quality and every other respect.

                        Regards,

                        David Lee