Subject: Re: Bruckner Edition M6
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 22:47:13 -0700

Don,

I also saw this thing at Mike's Camera in Boulder. Vahe even wanted to put
it around my neck to improve my appearance. Naturally, I declined. I feel
more natural with my beat-up M5.

Anyway, this Bruckner M6 is truly Victorian. It is the ugliest M6 I have
ever seen. I would not want it at any price, even for free. It would most
certainly frighten my dog Fluffy who is a Pommeranian. (Actually, my
daughter thinks that he is her dog.)

I am sad to see such monsters (Bruckner M6, and the leik (sic))for sale.
Really, I do not understand why someone would want to own such a thing.
However, I am a poor judge of human nature. As an experimental physicist, I
should make note of the fact that there are more and more of these special
editions. Surely, someone must be buying them. Let us hope that Leica can
sell enough of them to stay in business. They certainly cannot stay in
business by selling to my kind. I prefer used Leicas, preferably well used,
but not ugly.

I apologize, in advance, for this tirade. I thought that it would be good to
talk about something else except lenses.

Chris