Subject: M3 finder in M6
From: doctorc8@entertain.com (Henry Chu)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 15:58:19 -0700

After a bit of investigation, which included discussions with Kevin Burke
and John Van Stelten and Leica USA, my attempts to put a higher mag
viewfinder into an M6 has been thwarted.
Although an M3 finder will fit into an M6, there is no room for the LEDs
and therefore the meter would not be functional.  Kevin suggested the
possibility of putting in an M6J finder.  Leica will replace a defective M3
finder with an M6J (I guess because they are running out of clean M3
finders), but will not swap an M6 with the M6J.  This is not allowed by the
Leica Solms.  I was lead to believe that there is a demand for the M6J
finder in the M6.
Needless to say (to combine two threads) with the higher mag finders,
focussing with the 75mm Summilux or the 90mm Summicron will be more
accurate.

Henry