Subject: Viso Flexibilities
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 1996 08:11:43 -0500

At 12:21 AM 11/1/96 -0500, Charles E. Love, Jr. wrote:

>Whatever do you mean?  The M system is of very limited use compared to an
>SLR--it cannot do closeups or use long lenses without the Viso, which, while
>fun to use, is a pain compared to an SLR.

Hey!  My comment was in response to Roger's note that he had bought an R6.2
and a single lens to do close-ups.  I merely pointed out that, with a Viso &
Bellows rig, he could have accomplished the same ends without the expense
and inconvenience of having to tote an entirely separate system along with
his M6 gear.

In any event, Peter Dechert is still plumping on his 'Bring Back Viso'
campaign.  Leitz' decision to drop the Viso range was entirely driven by
economics:  the company was on esceeding thin ice and dumped scads of
products from '82 to '86 to reduce production and stockage costs.  Had the
times been a bit better at Wetzlar, the Viso -- and all that assorted
scientific stuff -- would still be with us.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!