Subject: Re: Leica M6 versus Medium Format
From: dlevy@NS.worldy.com
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:48:29 -0500

Mike,

I agree with your comments. One thing though. I use Tech Pan in both 35mm
and 120. At first I too, had development problems. I didn't know what it was
since I don't do my own development, but told the lab what and how to do it.
The result was a consistent streaking with the Tech Pan. I finally got the
tech sheet from Kodak and with it sat on the person doing the developing.
She went straight by the 'book' (sheet) for loading and agitation and
thereafter I had no problems. It is GREAT!!! film. And so versatile. I keep
it loaded in 2 of my backs, one for technidol and one for D-76. When I take
the Leica, I go to the sight, see what and how I want to shoot and load the
Tech Pan accordingly. Then I load a roll in the 35mm back of the ETRS for
the other development.

To all who haven't tried it or tried it with similar problems, I suggest to
try it again. In fact the Leica look is more definitive with this film than
any other film I've used.

Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto, Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com