Subject: Re: Leica M6 versus Medium Format
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 16:53:12 -0700 (MST)

At 12:42 PM 10/30/96 -0800, KEN_GERLACH@HP-MountainView-om1.om.hp.com wrote:
>Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
>     I am on the verge of purchasing a Leica M6 Rangefinder camera to
>     replace my Pentax 67 system.

I'll make no specific comments on your direct querries, Ken. If it was me,
however, I'd borrow, rent or buy an M6, if budget permits, without getting
rid of the Pentax 57.

Shoot the same subject material under the same conditions and make your own
judgements. You are giving up an awful lot of neg. area for 20 x 30 prints,
especially if you say that sharpness is important.

I love Leica, but there *is* a limit!
- --
Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                          Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
                          Leica Historical Society Of America
                          INTERNET:  beamon@primenet.com