Subject: Re: 35-70 Zoom and 60 mm Macro
From: "Charles E. Love, Jr." <cel14@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 12:44:01 -0500 (EST)

At 05:16 PM 10/27/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Howdy:  Any thought from the group as to the relative merits of the
>two versions of the R 35-70 zoom besides the obvious cost difference.
>Also anyone wanting to comment on the 60 mm Macro.  TIA ernie nitka

Sorry--It's silly to send two messages on this, but in the one I just sent
on the 35-70 I forget to mention the 60 macro.  I have had one for quite a
while.  It seems to me to be a very sharp lens, and is good at infinity
too--if you like 50's and don't need speed you could make it your normal
lens.  It's a pretty old design, but then, as Mr. Puts pointed out in a
recent post, all the 60 macros are old designs, and the Leica one is very
competitive.
Charles E. Love, Jr.
517 Warren Place
Ithaca, New York