Subject: Re: The look/glow!
From: Daniel Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:36:43 -0400

At 08:26 AM 23/10/96 -0700, Roger wrote:
>As a fairly new Leica user, I'm interested in hearing from the list as to
>what their idea is of the M or R lens that has the quintessential Leica
>Look/Glow! In other words, if you could specify one M or R lens that most
>typifies the look, what would it be?

I guess that I would have to nominate my 75/1.4, as I've mentioned earlier
in the LUG.  My 50/1.4 has also given me pictures that stand apart from
other manufacturers models.

I think that the best way to use and enjoy Leica lenses is to simply take
pictures with them.  You will never be disappointed.  Only when you make my
mistake of going to the trouble of measuring "lines per mm" resolution etc.
and comparing them with other makes of lens may you run into trouble.

Dan Cardish  <dcardish@spherenet.com>
                        <http://www.spherenet.com/dcardish/photo.htm>