Subject: Re: mini2 vs. mini3
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 96 09:06:09 -0800

>Now that I can purchase a Leica mini 2 at a great discount, I'm
>wondering how the quality of the mini2 is compared to the mini3?

I have not seen results of photos taken with the Mini 3 yet, but
if you can get a Mini 2 at discount it's well worth it. Picture
quality is excellent. After seeing my friend's pictures with
his Mini 2, I borrowed one and a Minizoom from the local photo shop
and tested them compared to a couple of other small point'n'shoots.
The little Leicas won nicely over their Olympus and Nikon competitors,
not only on the strength of the lens quality but on the exposure
system and focus quality as well. I selected the Minizoom, trading
a little lens speed for a little more flexibility -- the lens quality
is identical.

Godfrey