Subject: Eric tell me it isn't so!
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 22:06:43 -0500

Don't leave Eric, we all (at least most of us) need you!  Eric, in MHO is
one of the most insightful, knowledgeable, and helpful contributors to this
list. I even enjoy his signature lines. Your loss will diminish us all.

When I was first on this list, I had a bad hair day and got into a tiff with
one of the valuable contributors to the list.  It was a mistake on my part
and I corresponded by e-mail privately and I think we worked it out.  I
heard later that he had felt he should leave the list. I am very glad he
didn't and have been enriched by his comments ever since.

I guess what I am saying is, think before you write on a personal basis.
The loss of a member is a total loss of his or her wisdom. I really don't
know how much bandwidth was "wasted" as claimed by the poster, as I never
was bothered by it and never noticed; but, I will forever notice the
bandwidth we will never see by those who have left.

You have enriched us all Eric.

Dick Hemingway
Eugene O. Kuntz Professor
 of Oil, Gas and Mineral Resource Law, Emeritus
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK

(Sorry I can't think of anything else to add)