Subject: Value in the Marketplace
From: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 96 05:37 BST-1

Stephen Gandy wrote:

> Another lens under-valued in the marketplace is the M mount collapsible
> 50/2 Summicron. It seldom sells for more than $350, but should be worth
> at least $500 in terms of optical and mechanical performance.

Ah, thank you for that, I was just about to post a question asking what
was wrong with it, because it seems to be a similar amount cheaper here
in the UK, and I had it on my list of 'possibles' if I do decided to get
some M gear.

Now I just need to decide which of my choice of two bodies (M3 and M4P)
to buy first :-)

dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk      |  "The loss of an old man
david@cassandra.compulink.co.uk  |  is like the destruction
104707.2434@compuserve.com       |  of a library"