Subject: Re: lens tests
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 20:06:36 -0700

At 08:41 AM 10/20/96 -0700, you wrote:

>If true, then even the vaunted OP magazine has slipped into obsequity [sic]!
>IMHO it has over the last several years that I have been reading it. We're
>right back at square one. Read all you can get your hands on, read between
>the lines in what you read and make the best informed opinion that you can.
>*You* are your own test lab!

If all photo magazines rejected such pressure tactics, then there's nothing
the manufacturers could do. As it is now, most rags only give us what
specific functional features cameras have, and nothing truly comparative on
lenses. But is that because people have become such slaves to infinitesimal
differences between lenses they lost sight of the real issues - lenses
designed to do a specific job, forget how it compares to a company's
cameras you don't use anyway?

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Ever notice how fast a Mac runs? Neither did I.