Subject: Re: 75mm focal length
From: Daniel Cardish <dcardish@spherenet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 16:41:45 -0400

At 07:52 AM 16/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Marc: I have the 75mm 1.4 - bought it used from Don Chatterton, but don't
>remember the cost.  I use it for people shots in very low light.  It's a
>great lens, but you really have to watch the very shallow depth of field
>when it's wide open.  Tina

Yes, very important.  When I first used my lens there was a slight focus
problem with my M6.  This lens "discovered" it for me.  Now my shots are
tack sharp, if I focus carefully.  It also seems to have that "Leica look"
that I keep hearing about.  In other words, in a random sample of photos
taken with this lens and a similar (and very good, I might add) lens from a
major Japanese camera company whose name begins with M, I can usually pick
out the Leica's.  (I often use both cameras at the same shooting).

Dan Cardish  <dcardish@spherenet.com>
                        <http://www.spherenet.com/dcardish/photo.htm>