Subject: Re: 50mm focal length
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 22:47:55 -0700

At 08:22 PM 10/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hughes did. I did find out that apparently produce military optical devices
>at this particular facility besides electronic components. I guess Leica
>assembly, like military designs is considered top secret.  Has anybody
>toured the facility since Leica sold it to Hughes?

You could never tour it, before or after Hughes bought it. They have been
making satellite lenses for the US intelligence community for decades. I
remember when I lived in Canada, I want to tour it, and they said no way.
That was the late 70s.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.