Subject: Re: Favorite Tips/Techniques
From: Bob Sperling <bowtie@abest.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 21:10:37 -0400 (EDT)

t 11:47 AM 10/15/96 -0700, you wrote:
>At 01:43 AM 10/15/96 -0800, you wrote:
>>I have a 35mm Durst enlarger .....
>
>Ah, but there's more. The mixing chamber on the V35 gives it a fall-off of
>only 1/10 stop from center to edge, and according to reports I've read,
>that's about the best there is. Plus autofocus once calibrated makes the
>darkroom experience much more pleasurable. No more futzing with raise the
>head, refocus, lower the head, refocus, raise less, focus, lower less,
>focus. That's a major problem if you ask me, and using the Beseler 23C at
>work is a major pain after using the V35.

>Eric Welch

Eric, have you ever sen the little Durst 35mm enlarger?  It is as autofocus
as the V35. Also focusses with a helical instead of a bellows.  Super little
enlarger.  Years ago, Olden sols them out for under $100, not including
lens.  I used a Focotar.  Like a dummy, I sold mine and have been regreting
ever since.
Bob Sperling