Subject: Re: Photo Magazines
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 12:32:47 -0700

At 11:08 AM 10/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>containing great photography with next to no advertising. Some on here
>would do well to cancel the subscriptions to such trash as Pop Photo et al
>and put their money where their mouths are....into magazines about
>photography not equipment.

True, so true. <g> Seems to me we can get to be as big a gearheads as
computer hackers....er, that's me I'm talking about there! :-)

Inspiration comes to me via National Geographic (I love it when I see
someone I know's pictures - and envious). Then there's American Photo. It's
okay some times, maddening others. Photo Technique - because Mike Johnstone
is now the editor, and because David Vestal is a regular contributer.
That's about it. I don't have enough time to read many magazines any more,
but I did subscibe to Reportage and Peter Howe's magazine (can't remember
the name now) that was similar and published here in the U.S.

Aperture has too much wierd stuff. I'm not an artist, I guess.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR