Subject: Re: G-Hologon to fit Leica M (was Price of Zeiss Hologon)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 15:39:25 -0400

At 01:13 PM 10/13/96 +0800, *SHYAN wrote:

>Also any user out there with experience with Russar 20mmf8?

The Russar comes up on the LUG about every ten days.  Yes, several of us
have the lens (which is an f/5.6, by the way).  I love mine -- superb
saturation, great resolution, good coverage.  Cost me $100 with viewfinder.

There are "test reports" on both Hologons:  I believe Leica's data on the
first version is contained in the final Leica Manual, and Yashica will
provide you with the data on the new lens.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!