Subject: LUG Swapmeet Alternative
From: "Anand R. Mehta" <anand@mehtas.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 12:59:14 -0500

Folks:

I just counted up the votes, and it seems that there's about a 10:1 ratio in
favor to against (thought the sample was only ~11 :-)

How about an alternative, revolving around one person as a coordinator.
Everyone interested in participating in the LUG Swapmeet (either buying or
selling) mails the coordinator.  Lists of items are also sent in a form of:

        Item    Asking Price

or something similar.  Said coordinator then compiles the messages in the form:

        Item    Asking Price    Email

which will be alphabetized, etc.  This is then emailed to all participants.
No mail to the list, which avoids complaints, snips, etc.

Alternatively, we can just send out a mailing which is just a concatenation
of the submitted lists of items for sail.  Much like another mailing list,
but not.

Let me know what you think.  I volunteer to be the coordinator (maybe even
set up an lug-swap@mehtas.com alias) unless someone has a better way of
doing this.

- -Anand
- --
Anand R. Mehta
amehta@mcs.net

finger amehta@cluster.mcs.net for PGP key
Key fingerprint =  B2 29 91 30 A3 90 A3 CB  24 32 0A 1D D6 87 D0 93