Subject: Re: Photo Magazines
From: Ernest Nitka <eenitka@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 11:07:42 -0700

DFeldman@aol.com wrote:

> I am wondering which magaizines folks read to look at good Photographs and
> read about photgraphers picture-making experiences. Most of the magazines I
> have seen are equipment oriented, and with my Leica, I am done buying cameras
> and lenses for awhile.
>
> I just picked up a copy of Aperture ($15!!!) but it seems to have some
> wonderful images. Anyone have experience with it?
>
> On another note, I would be very interested in hearing others descriptions of
> their picture making expeditions - kind of like the one about the japanese
> fish market awhile back.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David Feldman
> Davis, CADavid - Like your self I have been very dissappointed with many American
photo mags.  Just this morning ( have a cold and can't go out to take
photos of the fall foliage) I was thinning out the last 9 months of mags
and it really is increadible.  For the most part the photo mags like Popular
Photo. are unpaid ads in the front disguised as product debuts and the the
last 2/3 of the magazine is paid ads with little information in between.  I have however
been impressed with some of the UK mags like Photo Technique and some of the
Magazines from Canada.  Anyway just my $0.02

Ernie Nitka