Subject: Re: polite conversation and Leica
From: "Glenn Wm. Thrall" <gthrall@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:53:33 -0700

> >If I don't see a general increase in politeness on this list I'm going
> >to have to start taking action to change the population of the list.
> >

> Well said !
> Walt Newcomb - Harrisburg PA

What differentiates the Leica List and the Rollei List from
Rec.Photo.WhateverTheHellItIs has been the general air of civility between members
of the list. Most of us use cameras of other makes as well, however this list is
devoted to the Leica.

As an "enlisted swine" I have enjoyed discussions between several members of the
list. They have far more expertise than I will ever have in this field. The cut and
thrust of those discussions have been learning experiences.

That said, after a successful eye surgery this week, I intend to wander around in
the San Gabriel Mountains tomorrow looking for what passes in Southern California
as "Fall Colors." The M6's loaded with Agfa color and black and white, my old
Rollei, and yes ... the "N" word ... Nikon F4s. On Monday I'll be doing black and
white portraits of my son, his wife, and my little granddaughter ... I could use
the Nikon, I will use one of the M6's. I'm not writing next week. Time to visit the
Los Angeles Zoo.

I like the special Leica "look" we all debate about!

There are a number of websites where members of this list have displayed their
work. I have learned from them. Two I have enjoyed recently are Hans Pahlen's site
and Daniel Cardish's site. (Forgive me if I have spelled your names incorrectly.)

Cardish's "Old Tree" is outstanding. Pahlen's London street scenes are not only
very well done, they remind me that the more things change ... and London has
changed ... how very much like the late 50's and early 60's some things still are.
In addition, Fred Ward has shared his experiences and via the "Black Star" site his
photos.

I'm happy to be able to see. I'm happy to be able to enjoy a positive hobby in good
company, learn from others when I can, and describe something I've done when it
might be of some mild interest to the membership.

Now, on to the the search for "Fall Colors?" in Southern California!

Glenn
- --
Glenn Wm. Thrall
gthrall@ix.netcom.com
Southern California

"Here Phaethon lies: in Phoebus' car he fared,
And though he greatly failed, more greatly dared." Ovid.