Subject: Re: Leica Swap
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 11:56:50 -0400

At 08:26 AM 10/11/96 -0600, ben.holmes wrote:

>Can the idea. Roger thinks it's a bad idea. It might cause him to have to
>delete something - too much work. I give up. At first I thought the folks
>who complained about all the whining were just thin skinned. After the
>Mugging disaster and now this crap I understand. My life is way to short and
>precious to spend time reading about who's unhappy about what they read on a
>computer forum. If any of you spent as much time making images as you do
>complaining you'd be famous. Truth is, most of you probably don't really
>have Leicas and of those that do, I'd imagine them to be wasted. Those of
>you that are so worried about the quality of the LUG are the very one's who
>make it suck with your constant nitpicking. You guys continue with your
>pathetic, mealy mouthed bickering - I'm going out to make pictures.

Wow, ben.holmes, lighten up a bit!  There are already a bunch of Leica
vendors who will cheerfully add you to their mailing list.  There is RPM for
all of us.  There is the Leica Catalog, the primary benefit of LHSA
membership.  There are a thousand other ways to buy/sell Leica stuff.  That
was Roger's point, and he's correct.

However, if someone wants to set up a buy/sell list on LUG, more power to
'em.  Just limit the postings to, say, once a week and clearly label them as
such, and those who don't choose to read them can simply delete the entire
message unread.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!