Subject: Re: Shutterbug
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 00:08:10 -0700

At 07:50 AM 10/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>2.      Several comments regarding the CL was related to the fact that it
>was related to Minolta. For those who 'looked down' on it for this reason,
>what is your opinion of the R series, since they were derived from Minolta
>bodies?

They are not "derived" from Minolta. They use some parts from Minolta to
build their own cameras. They are very different inside, except for some
parts. The Shutter in the XD-11 and R4 are the same, but the mirror boxes,
prisms and electronics (selective metering stuff etc.) are completely
Leica. And Minolta is no slouch. They pioneered autofocus, and they make
quite fine cameras for the market they cater to.

As for magazines that cater to photographers that avoid advertising, there
are a few. A writer or Outdoor photograher George Lepp has his own
newsletter. Moose Peterson does too. But he's very biased for Nikon.
There's a very expensive Photo Magazine in Germany that runs BAS tests that
seems to be good, but they take advertising I belive. I could never justify
springing for the subscription price.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR