To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: G-Hologon to fit Leica M (was Price of Zeiss Hologon)
From: Bert Keuken <bert.keuken@pi.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 09:35:39 +0200

Tay Shyan wrote:

> Can we convert the Zeiss G-Hologon to fit Leica-M?
> Not heard of it...maybe you can shed some light.
> Thanks
>
> SHYAN

Yes it's really possible. I attended this year's Photokina last month.
I've seen two Leica's on display fitted with a Contax G-Hologon lens.
Conversion to Leica M isn't cheap and can even be reversed back to
Contax G.

A German firm does the conversion for DM 1790,- (German Marks), you'll
have bring in your own Contax G-Hologon though. It's also possible to
order the G-Hologon plus the conversion. (In their catalog the G-Hologon
is listed for DM 4798,-)

Note: Lenses are converted by special order only, no serial production.
Not to be used with Leica M5 or Leica CL. No TTL exposure measurement
with an M6. Bear in mind the G-Hologon isn't widely available, you could
be in for a long wait.

Foto Schaja
Maximillianstrasse 32
80539 München (Munich, Germany)