To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: the death of Bob Schwalberg
From: Bob Sperling <bowtie@sean.abest.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 14:19:46 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:53 AM 10/11/96 -0400, you wrote:
>To all:
>
>This is a copy of a message I sent to another list this morning after I
>learned of the passing of Bob Schwalberg. He was intimately involved
>with Leica for some time and many of you will remember him for his
>brilliant articles done for decades for POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHY Magazine....

A genuine loss.  His early articles on fine grain were truly seminal.  In
the 50's and 60's to read his articles on Microdol and Adox film were clear
examples as to how far Leica photography could go.  I don't mean to sound
like a an old fogy, but photography was more rewarding then, when cameras
were tools to work with rather than snap shot gadgets. He showed the way.