To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica CLs & other compact rangefinders
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 00:33:31 -0700

At 03:28 PM 10/10/96 -0700, you wrote:

>     Anyway, the conjecture about the viability of a MF Rangefinder like
>     the CL coming out again is just wishful thinking.  I remember back in

Ah, but it has been confirmed in fact that there is a project to come out
with what Leica is calling internally the CL2. But they didn't know if it
would come out this or the next Photokina. Well, it looks like next now.
And the motivation for doing so is to compete with Contax and the G1/2.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR