To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M's with glasses
From: "Glenn Wm. Thrall" <gthrall@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 1996 05:57:29 -0700

Magnus Ostvall wrote:

> How do the M series work with glasses?
>
> I've used to SLR's without any HP feature and
> it's often hard to focus/compose with glasses.

They work very well indeed. Nice wide viewing area with bright lines, 100% of
the subject in view. There is a rubber or soft plastic cover, similar to an "O"
ring, around the view finder. No scratches on the eyeglass lens. If that ring has
worn away, you may want to replace it.

In 1996 I have had a new eyeglass prescription every three or four weeks. My
vision has varied from 20/15 ... which is outstanding! (corrected) to -4.5
or more diopters ... legally blind.

With the Nikon F4s I had to trust the autofocus. With an M, I was/am able to focus
tightly using a vertical line in the subject.

I have not found eyeglasses to be a problem with the M. The metal eye shield one
is forced to wear after an eye surgery is a problem!

Try an "M" for a few days, see if you can live with the M display.

Glenn

--
Glenn Wm. Thrall

Southern California