To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: re: age, M6 emotive quality
From: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 96 06:08 BST-1
Cc: dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk

> 4) The fact that an M-series user is always viewing a scene at
> effective f/64,
> ie all is sharp so he/she must work hard to simplify the image or
> ensure that
> all contributes to the message, wherease an SLR user views at maximum
> aaperture
> and is hence less aware of the background.

Excellent point, using fast glass on an SLR I sometimes think I'd like a
little caption in the viewfinder which lights up at smaller than f4 and
says "check the depth of field, idiot!" :-)

dmorton@cix.compulink.co.uk      |  "The loss of an old man
david@cassandra.compulink.co.uk  |  is like the destruction
Kilburn, London, England.        |  of a library"