To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Muggers
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 19:42:09 -0600 (MDT)

>>Today I was in downtown Denver making pictures of winos and addicts when two
>> >young hispanic males very firmly asked me for my bag.
>Snip
>
>Is it necessary to mention that the muggers are Hispanic?
>Just wondering.

Okay, good question. What did I imply by saying that they were hispanic? I
was working in the barrio known as five corners in Denver. It is a
predominatly hispanic neighborhood. There are gangs from every conceivable
spanish speaking nation in the western hemisphere that fight for control of
this area. Prostitution, crack and heroin are the major economic influences
there. I didn't say that they were mexican gangsters or illegal Salvadorans
or Columbians slinging dope. That would have been unfair as I do not know
them. I said two young hispanic males. They are in fact.

ben.holmes