To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Emotive lenses (Question about DR Lens)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 1996 09:56:23 -0400

There are two versions of the DR lens, but the differences are minute.  The
DR is generally credited with being the finest of the first-general
Summicron lenses (and I will NOT get into an argument with Herr Puts over
its relative worth with the later Summicrons -- he and I differ a bit on
that point!).  It is my normal 50mm lens -- I find it meets my needs quite
well.  The DR focuses down to 19".

Two caveats:  first, you can only reach the close-focus range with the
auxiliary eyepiece assembly in place.  These lenses often appear on the
marketplace without the eyes, and then you have, in effect, a rigid
first-generation chrom Summicron.  Second, the DR will not fit on the M5
without a minor modification to the eyepiece.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from "Glenn Wm. Thrall" <gthrall@ix.netcom.com> (Re: (Question about DR Lens))