To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Emotive lenses
From: imxputs@knoware.nl (Erwin Puts/imX)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 12:20:55 +0200

>(Which
>may be why I'll continue cheerfully with my older lenses, as Herr Puts seems
>to have some problems remembering the history of Leitz and Max Berek.)

Dear Mr Small,

Your remark in the margin that I "seems to have some problems remembering
the history of Leitz and Max Berek" is to say the least unjustified. As far
as I know, I have not made any remarks on the history of Leitz and
certainly not about Max Berek.
Inferring from my writings about Leica lenses that I seem to be an
a-historical person is a strong leap of imagination.
For the record I might add that Leitz uses MTF equipment since 1968 (the
EROS IV to be precise). Their approach however is not to pay to much
attention to the MTF analysis, but the more complex OTF analysis.
Erwin Puts