To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Emotive lenses
From: fl1pper@frii.com
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 11:12:20 -0600 (MDT)

For a moment, let's just assume that Leitz glass is on an equivalent level
to other brands of high end lenses. Could it be possible that the cross
section of photogs that buy Leitz stuff are of a similiar mind set or level
of awareness? I'll bet that most of us have seen really fine photography:
Cartier Bresson, Erwitt, Capa etc.. Given that, could it be possible that we
somehow have developed a set of standards for our images and that we are
simply emmulating these masters? Are the lenses really that good? Or
perhaps, is it us?

Something to think about.

ben.holmes

Replies: Reply from John Van Stelten <focalpt@ecentral.com> (Re: Emotive lenses)