To: dlevy@worldy.com, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Heresy (was Re: Minilux)
From: Barrett_Bill/web_media@webster2.websteruniv.edu
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 96 18:07:02 -0500

Item Subject: Message text
>It may be heresy, but I would appreciate learning users' experiences
with the Leica Minilux. As an M-6 user, it would seem to be a reasonable

alternative for carrying around as an (expensive) spare or casual
camera.

I will admit my heresy. While the M6 is my primary camera, and I usually
carry an M4-P or M3 as a second (or sometimes third) body, I have and
have been grateful for an Olympus XA. It has rangefinder focus (nowhere
near as bright as an M, but it works) and aperture priority, and
literally fits in a pocket. I have made pictures with it that hold up
quite well to scrutiny. If only it had a pc flash connector, but that's
another thread (and another list)....

Bill Barrett
Webster University
St. Louis