To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us, leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M4-P rangefinder vert. align.
From: "Roger L. Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 05:20:43 -0700 (MST)

>The same appears to be true for the M6, though I would never have the guts
>to take mine apart.  My vertical alignment is constantly going out of whack,
>and it drives me crazy.  A rapairperson once told me about the advantage of
>the earlier M3s with their adjustment screw.  Does anyone out there know how
>to permanently fix the alignment in M6s (and M4-Ps)?
>
>Dan Cardish

Interesting, Dan, because there doesn't seem to be a rap like that on the
M6s that I read of. I haven't owned mine long enough to comment, but I've
not heard other long and hard M6 users complain of it. Maybe I'll do an
unofficial survey next week at the LHSA meetings here in Tucson. The book
has been that the M6, regardless of the non-adjustability [sic], somehow
remains adjusted well over time.
--
Roger Beamon,  Naturalist & Photographer
                          Docent:  Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum