To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: M4-P rangefinder vert. align.
From: martin@atri.curtin.edu.au (Martin Hill)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 96 08:36:28 WST

Hi, I have a question for M4-P owners and in particular
any repair people out there that have serviced M4-Ps, it
is about the vertical alignment for the rangefinder.

I took the top off my M4-P the other day (purchased 2nd
hand about 18 months ago) to adjust the shutter times, clean
the viewfinder windows and also fix the rangefinder vertical
alignment.

Unlike my M3 the M4-P does not have a screw you turn to
make the adjustment, but instead it appears to have a piece
of metal that can be moved to make the adjustment. (Before
taking the top off I had thought that some idiot had taken
the adjustment screw out). I personally found this arrangement
less convenient than the screw on my M3.

My question is: how well does the M4-P hold the adjustment
compared to the older systems which had a screw adjustment.
And, is some form of glue required to hold the adjustment in
place, if so what glue is recommended. (It appears that there
was some glue placed on the adjustment at the factory).

Thanks for any help.

Martin

martin@atri.curtin.edu.au

Replies: Reply from John Van Stelten <focalpt@ecentral.com> (Re: M4-P rangefinder vert. align.)