To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Little lens bags
From: doctorc8@entertain.com (Henry Chu)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:00:53 -0600

>I'm looking for small, cushioned wrappers or pouches to place my lenses
>in when they are stored in my camera bag. I store a couple of lenses in
>the same compartment of my bag and would like to prevent them from
>rubbing against one another when I'm on the move. Any suggestions: home
>remedies, commercial products?
>
>-Charlie

>            Charles E. Dunlap
>            Earth Sciences Dept.
>            University of Calif.
>            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
>
>          cdunlap@earthsci.ucsc.edu
>408-459-5228 (office)    408-459-3074 (FAX)

Charlie,

I have two methods that I use.

The foam, insulated holders for canned cold drinks are marvelous and cheap.
They are usually tall enough to accomodate a 90mm lens.  They hold the
lenses snugly and have a foam wall and floor that is at least 1/2 inch
thick.  I place these in a fanny pack (bum bag) and can carry two or three
lenses plus film (depending on the size of the pack).

The other item can be found in the camping section of outdoor outfitters.
It is a neoprene pouch designed to carry small candle lanterns for
backpackers.  It consists of two cup-shaped neoprene pouches hinged
together.  A 90mm lens fits in there perfectly or two shorter lens can be
placed into the unit--one in each cup.  Or the two lenses can be joined by
the rear lens coupler and go in as a unit.

These are the best solutions I have devised.

Henry