To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: "PRO" CAMERAS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 07:46:19 -0700

At 12:43 PM 9/26/96 GMT+0200, you wrote:
>As the Nikon F90X is  considered  and used by many photographers
>as a pro camera, how does it differs from  the Nikon F90X  PRO?

Well, that's really the answer, isn't it. It's whatever camera is used by a
pro that makes it a pro camera. My post wasn't trying to imply pros never
use any of the "lesser" cameras. Like the N90. But, it seems to me there
are certain things that characterize most cameras made for pros. And the
N90 fits most of them, but it's not the primary pro camera in the Nikon
line. Especially now that the F5  is better in every way except size and
weight.

Eric Welch
Grants Pass, OR

Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.

Replies: Reply from Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net> (Summars & the Quest for Sharpness at the Expense of Imagery)