To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: CL vs CLE features?
From: gregm@world.std.com (Greg Mironchuk)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 23:08:31 -0400

At 8:23 PM 10/4/96, Bob Sperling wrote:

>I stand by what I said. The focus cams are at a different pitch. The depth
>of field on a 28mm lens will cover the difference.
>Bowtie

The pitch of the cams on the lenses doesn't matter.

The angle of the arm, within the camera, that the cam engages... does.

Any photographer that uses a phrase like "The depth of field on a 28mm lens
will cover the difference." is a photographer that reads too many books,
too many magazines, too many press releases, and takes very few pictures.

Sorry. I don't mind losing an argument, or being shown up... but you gotta
do better than to throw an Old Wive's Tale at me.

Try it again...

                                        Greg M.

                                                      Greg Mironchuk
                                               540 Beach St, Revere, MA 02151