To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: VISOR
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 10:56:24 -0400

At 11:09 AM 9/22/96 +0100, Douglas McLernon, authority of substance and
weight, wrote:

>If memory servesme I believe the old VISOR  finder did rotate the image
>180degrees when held in the vertical position so that the image was upside down

I don't have a VISOR on hand to check and I frankly don't remember its
details, but Laney says, on page 10 of the Leica Accessory Guide:

        A small prism in the eye-piece produced an upright image but
        the image was still reversed left to right ...  When the camera
        was turned for taking upright pictures to eye-piece prism had
        to be turned through 90 degrees by the knurled ring to keep
        the image upright.

So maybe the original poster has only to twist the knurled ring to restore
an upright image.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!