To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M6 Meter
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 21:52:11 -0600

Friends,

I have heard that there were two different designs of the M6 meter. The new
design is better and tells you when the cap is on.

Chris

At 08:46 PM 9/20/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I just experienced this last week.  What I noticed was the LED's were not
>as bright as with the fresh battery.  There was a tendency for the meter to
>drift downward as time passed, i.e. it would give a certain reading, let's
>say f/16 @ 1/125, initially and as I was composing the shot the meter f/5.6
>@ 1/125.  Once I replaced the battery, it was not a problem.
>
>Henry
>

>>The manual for the M6 states that the light meter will give correct
>>readings as long as the LED's  light up. Recently I had a very nasty
>>experience the light meter was approximately off by 4 stops. I dit not
>>spot the problem at the time as I was using an unfamiliar film speed.
>>New batteries restored correct reading.
>>
>>Has anyone experienced similar problems, if so how do you know when to
>>replace the batteries.
>>
>>Any comments will be appreciated.
>>
>>Ole

C.M. Fortunko, Ph.D.
Group Leader, Materials Characterization (853.05)
Materials Science and Engineering Laboratory
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80303

Office phone:(303)497-3062      FAX:(303)497-5030
Residence:   (303)494-7246

Replies: Reply from George Huczek <ghuczek@gdipa.Unibase.COM> (Re: M6 Meter)