To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Quality of older M lenses
From: Hans Pahlen <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 17:08:07 +0200 (MET DST)

I did not interpret Mr Puts proposal of a 2-day workshop to be any
aggressive at all.
As a matter of fact, I think it was a very interesting idea, especially for
us europeans.
The Leica club in Gothenburg, where I am a member, did some tests on
different Leica optics a few years ago, using the test bench at the
Hasselblad factory. These projects are not at all impossible, if the there
is access to a professional test bench.

However, I donīt have the time nor the money to go Solms for the time being,
so until I do, I will trust what people say on this list. I must say that Mr
Puts results make a lot of sense to me, as this is what I have experienced
from my practical use of the different 35 and 50 mm lenses in question.
But then again, I have the fullest respect for people having another
opinion. So  I am not going to start a flame war on this issue.
You see, the only way to really prove the objective truth, is to follow Mr
Puts proposal.

Regards, Hans