To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Quality of older M lenses
From: imxputs@knoware.nl (Erwin Puts/imX)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:55:24 +0200

>The 2/35 dates from 1985.  It would be the "current version" in all regards,
>the seven-element version which some find superlative and others don't.

>As with the 2/35, some rave about this lens, others rant at it, regarding the
>earlier versions as superior.
>
>Marc

Well Marc.
Legends never die.
Let's propose the ultimate and factbased comparison test.
1.I could arrange a visit to the factory to look at modern production
techniques, and discuss optical matters with the topcats there.
2. You all could use the benchmark equipment as it is installed at the
Dutch representative
3. We could make a one or two day workshop in which to investigate all the
aspects that are under scrutinity.

Only snag!
The persons interested have to cross the ocean. But if some of you are
interested and rich enough to do so. I from my part would be happy tohelp
organise such an event.
Erwin Puts