To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Contax G2 Home Page
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 20:51:17 -0700

check out the competition--or make that the leader as far as I am
concerned for RF type bodies--at http://www.kyocera.com/cameras/g2.html.

the camera is amazing.  if only Leica made it.

its vulnerable point seems to be its relatively few lenses.

If they ever make fast lenses, it will likely bury the M6 in the
marketplace.  but then I am not sure their AF system will correctly
focus fast lenses...perhaps that is why they have not already made
them.   a built in motor to 4 FPS and a shutter to 1/6000 are just some
of the features.

perhaps this is what is needed for Leica to bring out a modern M7.

Stephen Gandy

Message from "Roger J. Flanigan" <istr1848@fox.nstn.ca> (Official Leica Camera AG web site)