To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Minox ML
From: Jack Campin <jack@purr.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 17:40:33 +0000

dlevy@worldy.com wrote:
> for my money, the Minox ML is a great camera for a compact.
> It has a 35/3.5 which is sharp and has very good contrast.

Reviews I've seen of this thing say that, while the lens is amazing - one
of the very sharpest on the market - the mechanics are not very reliable.

> The design was originally developed by Leica for an early design compact
> camera, which of course did not go into production, but it has come full
> circle since Leica recently acquired Minox.

This is the second posting in the same issue of the Digest which mentions
Leitz/Leica hiring out its design expertise to other companies.  Do they do
that often?

jack@purr.demon.co.uk  -  Jack Campin, 2 Haddington Place, Edinburgh EH7 4AE