To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: number on Summicron focusing ring
From: dlevy@worldy.com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 20:19:23 -0400

At 12:10  12/09/96 -0400, you wrote:
>My 50mm Summicron-M has the number "22" engraved sideways in small
>characters on the focusing ring, just at the end of the metric focusing
>scale.
>
>What does it mean?
>
>Tom Knoles
>tgk@mwa.org

I am of the understanding that on older Leica lenses, there is engraved a
code reference for the actual final focal length of the lens.  I do not
recall the code or which lenses and don't have my refernce books available,
but it my be it.  If so, your lens may actually be a 52.2mm.  Don't quote,
me or make me give up my Leica membership, if I'm wrong.
Brian Levy, J.D.